Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spicing up an old pillow


I have on my bed a small throw pillow, great for resting my arm over or placing under my neck. But, a bit of a dryer mishap had turned the once luxurious soft faux fur cover into a bunched up and scratchy mess. I was very upset about it, but decided to use the opportunity to make something a little more fitting with the rest of my room. I decided that at some point I'd like to buy a little of someone else fabric I loved on Spoon Flower for a project, and I knew just the one! So I purchased a swatch on organic cotton knit of Hauteidea's "Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy", it was just to adorable!

Unfortunately, Spoon Flower soon after my order had some issues with printing delays. Finally however, it did arrive! The first chance I got I rushed over to my local Joann's outlet and sniffed out the cotton knit. I was disappointed in the selection of colors, and ended up deciding on just some plain unbleached yardage. The next time I make a case for a small pillow, I think I'll get an entire fat quarter or yard from Spoon Flower, their knit is also much thicker and softer than most commercial knits anyway, I love it! A couple sewing glitches as usually, including getting the fabric and stitches jammed in the bobbin hole, but at least I made it through this one without having to seem-rip anything out and resew. It didn't take very long and soon enough I have my new pillow case, and I'm more pleased with it!

*Note-small stuffed Corgi is made by the Douglas cuddle toy company*

No comments:

Post a Comment